News about CML is provided regularely on the website of the International Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Foundation (iCMLf). iCMLf is for everybody with an interest in CML. New presentations conducted by pediatric CML experts can be found here:
The pediatric CML steering committee of the international BFM group (I-BFM) has recently published the guidelines for treatment and management of pediatric CML in the British Journal of Haematology. The authors are pediatric experts from from United Kingdom, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany. These guidelines will contribute to harmonisation of treatment of children and adolescents with CML. See our "Junior CML Advocates" section on cmladvocates, specifically the section "Scientific Publications" where the full text is available for download. Alternatively, you can access the full article by clicking here.
In preparation for the medical session on pediatric CML at the annual conference CML Horizons 2015, in March 2015 the CML Advocates Network carried out an online survey among its member organizations. The main objectives of this patient-driven project were:
- to find out what relevance “CML in children” has for worldwide CML patient organizations
- to learn how many patient organizations support children or young adults with CML
- to learn how many children and young adults suffering from CML the respective organizations support and which age groups patients belong to
- to find out if any specific events and activities are carried out for children or young adults with CML and – if this is the case - which kind of specific activities on pediatric CML the organizations carry out and how often
- to find out which the major concerns and unanswered questions are to CML patient organizations with regard to pediatric CML
The results of the survey were made available in form of a poster. The authors of the poster were: J. GEISSLER (CML Advocates Network/LeukaNET e.v., Riemerling, Germany), C. BOROWCZAK (Elternverein für Kinder mit CML e.V., Schwerte, Germany), N. SCHRÖTER (CML Advocates Network/LeukaNET e.v., Riemerling, Germany). Click here to see the full poster!
The CML Advocates Network has decided to devote greater attention to CML in children. At its annual conference “CML Horizons 2015” that was held in Barcelona from 1-3 May 2015, a full medical session was dedicated to pediatric CML. Prof. Frederic Millot, a pediatric CML expert from France, spoke about “Managing CML in children and young adults”. His presentation was followed by a panel discussion entitled “What is different for adolescent patients with CML?” You can now download Prof. Millot´s presentation here. Video web streams of the session will be available soon!
The "CML Advocates Network", the international platform of patient groups supporting patients and relatives suffering from Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia, and the International CML Foundation join forces to support young patients affected by that rare form of leukaemia, as well as physicians and researchers. The project, launched on International Childhood Cancer Day on 15 February 2011, will encompass a range of activities to support collaboration and sharing of experience of parents of young patients as well as physicians treating children with this ultra-rare condition.