CONTACT INFORMATION:Mailing/Postal Address:
â€œG. Dimitrovâ€ Sq.
UBB building, room 408
Telephone: +359 68 603760
Website: www.cml.zdrave.info (in Bulgarian)
KEY CONTACT:Name: Mrs. Snezhana Hristova
Position: President and Active Member
- Providing the people suffering from CML with the drug â€œGlivecâ€ for free (from the State)
- Providing enough competent information about the disease (how it develops) and about the best treatment which the patient can get (where and whom to contact). There are special brochures issued for that purpose
- Moral support of the patient about how to overcome the initial stress from the diagnosis (to explain to him/her that he/she is not doomed)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:The organization I relatively young (3 year old) with 54 members. It energetically participates in the activities of other similar associations (like APOZ) as the mutual support in hard moments is very important
AUDIENCE/CONSTITUENCY:We have a lot of supporters and most important is that most of them are healthy
NUMBER OF MEMBERS:54
COUNTRIES IN WHICH ORGANIZATION HAS A SIGNIFICANT MEMBERSHIP BASE:It is a Bulgarian organization. We donâ€™t have members abroad but we keep contact with similar organizations abroad which help us a lot by sharing their experience and information.
WAYS OF COMMUNICATING WITH CONSTITUENCY:
- Mainly via mobile phones as it is the easiest and fastest way.
- By fax / e-mail
- Via our website www.cml.zdrave.info
- A program to inform the public about CML problems and the solution with the most up-to-date treatment options
- A program to prioritize the CML problem in Bulgaria by the health authorities â€“ Ministry of Health and National Sick Fund
- A program to satisfy the actual needs of the Bulgarian patients for correct and timely diagnostics and treatment, taking into consideration the EU accession and standardization of CML treatment in Europe.