CML Education & Science
Facilitating access to information and providing educational material and scientific information in a patient-friendly language to patient advocates is one of the main objectives of CML Advocates Network.
In this section you will find:
- Our research on adherence in CML: The CML Advocates Network has conducted extensive research on adherence in CML.
- Educational videos for patientsed to highlight the subjects of “adherence”, “side effects” and "testing and monitoring". These topics are considered relevant for nearly every CML patient. Videos are available in different languages.
- Animated patient videosAnimated patient videos that bring to life the emotional impact of CML on patients and their friends and family, in addition to their future hopes and aspirations. All stories are based on the international CML Book "Faces of Courage and Hope", an English-language book that illustrates the life of 16 CML patients from 15 countries.
- Patient-friendly summaries of the European LeukemiaNet (ELN Treatment Recommendations. Our patient summaries are available in different languages.
- CML learning programmes. At this stage you can access the EBMT CML Learning Programme devised by the European Group for Blood an Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) Nurses Group. It has been developed specifically for nurses dealing with CML patients. More programmes shall follow in the near future.
- A CML Glossary that will help you understand medical and scientific texts. It contains a list of terms commonly used in the area of CML.