Rua Dr AntÃ³nio Bernardino de Almeida
ServiÃ§o de Oncohematologia â€“ Piso V
Telephone: + 351 934 405 012
Facsimile: + 351 252 833 326
Name: Alice Machado
- Diffusion and knowledge of blood malignancies to Portuguese citizens
- Support patients and family (diagnosis, treatment, psycho-social care)
- Develop of multi-disciplinary training health for professionals
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:
The Portuguese Leukemia and Lymphoma Association was born on the 27th April 2001, created by the professionals of health from Oncology and Hematology service at the Portuguese Institute of Oncology in the city of Porto.
In the middle of 2003, some familiar of interned patients, patients and survivors, extended and adapted Association activities to supports patients during treatment periods of Chemo, Radiation and Biological therapies, his parents and also aid to professionalsâ€¦
We are of good will to offer contact and human support, of form to inform, to serve, to follow, to guide the patients, parents, friends and all citizens!
The PLLA (or APLL), exerts its activity with persistence to the progress of Human and Scientific Imperious Development to then condition of human being!
Patients, Family, Friends, Medical audience, - all citizens, general Public
NUMBER OF MEMBERS:
About 500 effective partners, with trend to increase after sensitization campaigns carried through recently.
COUNTRIES IN WHICH ORGANIZATION HAS A SIGNIFICANT MEMBERSHIP BASE:
At this moment only in Portugal, but it is intended to reach all the â€˜Portuguese official language countriesâ€™, including emigrant communities.
WAYS OF COMMUNICATING WITH CONSTITUENCY:
Through Internet, Mailing, Telephone, Media, Sporadic meetingsâ€¦
- Promote measures of intervention next to the population trough seminars conferences and art/performances activities
- Demystify the belief this type of oncological illnesses do not have cure by interaction of patients and survivors
- Alert the government and policymakers about the necessity of support to these patients, nominated adequate legislation and social support
- Alert, inform, educate the population about the existence of this diseases