One Birch Court,
Worcestershire WR3 8SG, UK
Tel: 08088 010 444
COUNTRIES WHERE THIS ORGANISATION IS ACTIVE:
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
Monica Izmajlowicz, Chief Executive,
Zack Pemberton-Whiteley, Head of Campaigning & Advocacy
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:
- 24-hour CARE Line: 08088 010 444 (Freephone): The CARE Line is the only 24-hour dedicated freephone telephone service for people affected by blood cancers. Having the opportunity to talk with someone any hour of the day, 365 days a year, can be of great benefit and comfort for patients and their families, particularly those who are feeling lonely and isolated.
- Nationwide support groups: We run and co-ordinate many support groups across the country that provide support and advice to patients on a local basis. The groups enable patients and their carers to talk with others in a similar situation. If you think there is a need for a group in your area, please call the CARE Line on 08088 010 444
- Cancer information and booklets: We supply a wide range of free information booklets and factsheets on blood cancers and issues that affect patients.
- Patient and carer conferences: We run three conferences each year for patients and their carers. These take place in different locations and more information can be found on our website.
- Cancer campaigning and patient advocacy: Our involvement in various patient forums and groups means that we can use our influence to affect Government opinion, particularly with regard to patient wellbeing, NHS funding and availability of drugs and new drug licensing.