Santariskiu str. 2
1. Effective treatment for all blood cancer patients
2. Promotion of bone marrow donation
3. Preparing all necessary blood cancer related information
4. Psychological support and social services
5. Enhancement the cooperation among patients
6. Additional patient accommodation and transportation
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:
Association support blood cancer patients and involves not only patients and their relatives, but also doctors from 2002. The results of our activity reaches all blood cancer patients it doesn't matter they are members or not.
We are member of Lymphoma Coalition since 2005.
Oncohematological patients and their supporters (friends, relatives, doctors etc.)
NUMBER OF MEMBERS:
COUNTRIES IN WHICH ORGANIZATION HAS A SIGNIFICANT MEMBERSHIP BASE:
WAYS OF COMMUNICATING WITH CONSTITUENCY:
Website with essential information in patients native language: about diseases, treatments, related side effects and how to manage them, Lithuania treatments centers. Forum on the website, social consultations, members meetings and patients training sessions are an excellent opportunity to communicate and share the experience.
In the near future COHP KRAUJAS will offer website options in English/Russian.
- Meetings with association members
- Preparing and releasing information for patients about all blood malignancies, treatment and related side effects, etc.
- Maintenance of the association website http://www.kraujas.lt
- Correspondence, meetings with Lithuania health institutions, national and regional patient organizations
- Organization of Hema day, CML, Myeloma, Lymphoma day
- Project Be good: promotion of bone marrow donation
- Psychological support for patients and their relatives
- Persistent effort to increase support and financing from government and society
- Active public relations campaigns increasing awareness about blood malignancies and treatment