Just some more days until the European Hematology Association's annual congress opens its doors in Milan. We are excited to see many of you at EHA 2014!
Over the past months, we've been working hard with the EHA team to set up an attractive patient advocacy programme during the congress, on having a joint booth of all European patient advocacy organisations, and - for the first time this year - also having a one-hour meeting of all patient advocates during the congress. Up to 50 free congress registrations were offered to patient advocates, so we hope there will be strong patient attendance!
In a nutshell, this is what is offered specifically for advocates this year:
- EHA Patient Advocacy Booth (booth #206) as a central meeting place of all patient advocates and their peers
- Patient Advocates Meeting (FRI 11:30-12:30, Room Yellow), meeting for all patient advocates in order to strengthen collaboration and links between our patient advocacy groups
- Patient Advocacy Session "Generics in Haematology: The doctors’ and patients’ perspective" (Sat 8:00-9:15, Room Amber 5+6 SW 2)
- Patient Advocacy Session "The challenges of young patients with old people's diseases" (Sat 9:30-10:15, Room Amber 5+6 SW 2)
- ESH-EHA Joint Symposium "What do you mean, he can’t have the treatment? An interactive session for haematologists and patients" (Sat 11:45-12:45, Amber 5+6 SW2)
- EHA-ASH Joint Symposium "Access to medicines and fair pricing: The cost of innovative drugs" (Sat 14 June, 13:15-14:15, Room Silver, NW 2)
- EHA Advocacy Session "The Future of Hematological Research in Europe" (Sat 14 June, 16:15-17:30, Room Amber 5+6, SW 2)
Find a detailed document describing the patient advocacy programme at EHA 2014 here.
If you are coming to EHA,don't miss any of them, I think they will all be really interesting!