Over the next three years, CML patients in more and more countries will be facing the use of generic TKIs and copy drugs to treat CML. To provide patient organisations with background information on this important issue, we have launched a Resource & Knowledge Center on CML generics, copy drugs and substandard drugs. It provides
- the results of our survey on generics, copy drugs and substandard drugs in CML which was conducted by CML Advocates Network in collaboration with iCMLf in March 2013. The survey summarizes 86 responses from 55 countries - the data is also available for download!
- the webstreams of our session on CML generics and substandard drugs at "CML Horizons 2013", which featured a presentation of the WHO, of the CML Association of Serbia and the CML Advocates Network
- an index of scientific articles on the use of generic drugs in CML treatment
- our blog on CML generics. This is only available after login for members of the CML Advocates Network to keep discussions private
- a glossary that explains with key terms and definitions in the area of drugs and generics
We will complement this by a "Best Practice Toolbox" for advocacy on generics in a few weeks, which is currently under construction. The "toolbox" will provide useful advice and tools on how to address this topic as an advocacy organisation when generics or copy drugs are being introduced in your country.
We are looking forward to your active participation in the blog and the new knowledge center, and are happy to receive your feedback!